Friday, October 26, 2012
Charlotte Movie Theater
- The type of film that the Eaton Theater is currently using is a projector that streams 35mm film.
- The dilemma faced by the Eaton Theater and many other small theaters is that they are forced to make a choice. Either they go digital and survive or stick with traditional film and die off.
- The movie company that will no longer be using film to create its movies is FOX.
- Digital projectors are considered cost prohibitive because projectors are so expensive and costs upwards of $ 70,000.
- The digital movie equipment causes the Eaton Theater to lose upwards of 20% of its annual profits because the theater is not making enough money to make a profit from the equipment.
- The best solution for the Eaton Theater is to set aside some of the money they make from their profits to buy a projector. This way they are still making a profit.